Homemade salsa is one of the easiest appetizers to make. You can do it in advance and pull it out in seconds. I recommend making it the day before you want to eat it for best results. It also will stay in your fridge for a while in an air tight jar. So many people ask me for this recipe. Your friends will too.
- 1 large can San Marzano whole peeled tomatoes (pictured below)
- Half of a white onion, quartered (has to be white, can’t substitute here)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- Bunch of fresh cilantro
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper for extra heat
Note: the type of tomatoes you use will affect the outcome of this salsa. I recently tried a different brand and the taste was way off. You can get the ones in the picture below a lot of places including Whole Foods. I use them for my Italian sauces too. This is KEY to good salsa.