We all have busy days when we don’t have time to cook dinner so the crock pot is a wonderful tool for the working….any person. I was very skeptical about putting flank steak in a crock pot but I would never post anything I didn’t think was awesome. 10 minutes in the morning allows you to come home to a ready made meal. Try it for yourself!
- 1.5 lb flank steak
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Hot sauce to taste (I recommend Trader Joe’s Green Dragon Hot Sauce)
- Spice rub of your choice. I used the following: salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and coriander
- White corn tacos (or whatever you like)
- Toppings of your choice: mexican cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, etc but it honestly doesn’t need it
- Rub your steak with the spices and place in the refrigerator overnight. You can do this the morning of but I was trying to save time.
- The next morning put your steak in the crock pot on the bottom.
- Slice your pepper and onion and put on top of the steak.
- Pour the soy sauce and hot sauce around the steak.
- Cook on low for 9 hours.
- Shred and serve.
If you divide by 4 servings and use 2 corn tacos per serving you can see below this is a very healthy dinner option.