Fried rice is one of my favorite take out items. I can’t imagine it’s that great for you so why not put a healthy quick on it and make it at home. I made this “fried rice” with quinoa and lots of veggies. Feel free to use any vegetables you like or have on hand. This can also be made with chicken or any other kind of protein. Enjoy!
- Shrimp, cleaned and deveined, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery or bok choy, chopped
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- Vegetable oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- salt & pepper
- A few tbsp soy sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce (more for a spicier kick)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
Seasonings are optional. Fresh cilantro would work well. I have a Chinese dried seasoning blend that I use
- Add sesame and vegetable oil to a wok and turn to high heat
- Add onion and scallions to the hot pan and saute for 1-2 minutes
- Add your egg to the middle of the pan, season with salt and pepper
- Add the garlic and the rest of veggies and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and fresh ginger. Then immediately add the quinoa. (the shrimp will only need 3-5 minutes to cook)
- Add sriracha to taste and mix well. Then serve!