During the busy week I managed to throw together a tasty pasta dish packed with protein, healthy fresh vegetables and some cheesy pasta. This dish is really easy to throw together and it can be modified to your liking!
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 package chicken tenders, cut thin and bite sized
- 1/2 package baby bella mushrooms
- Garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 1/4 cup reduced fat milk
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2lb whole wheat angel hair pasta
- Fresh grated parmesan Cheese (few tablespoons)
- Fresh grated gruyere
- White wine (half a cup)
- Fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Put a pot of boiling water on. You will cook pasta until al dente.
- Slice up your mushrooms and zucchini very thin so it will go well with the angel hair pasta.
- Saute garlic, mushrooms, zucchini and chicken in olive oil on medium-high. Season with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. After a few minutes add the white wine and let reduce. (If you want, here would be a good time to add a tablespoon of butter. I didn’t but it sure would add some more flavor.)
- Add the milk and turn the heat down to very low. Grate in the cheese (as much as you want to make it nice and creamy!)
- When the pasta is done add it to your saute pan to let it absorb the flavors of your sauce and mix it together well.
- Serve topped with some more parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley (or basil).