This delicious dip tastes just like wings but with out all the mess and fatty skin! It’s so easy to make and great for a party. Since I started making it, people often ask me to bring it to their house for parties.
- Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- Ranch seasoning packet
- Celery (5-7 stalks- I like to have the nice fresh crunch in there)
- Scallions (3-5)
- 3 Chicken breasts
- Part-skim Mozzarella Cheese and/or Blue Cheese to top (some people don’t like blue cheese, so I put it on half)
- Franks Buffalo Sauce
- Whole wheat ritz crackers and/or cut up celery and vegetables to dip.
- Boil seasoned chicken in water until cooked through. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop up celery and scallions and place into a bowl.
- Use 2 forks to pull the chicken apart into small bite sized pieces. Put in the bowl with celery and scallions and add Franks Hot Sauce. (I used about 1/2 the bottle- you can taste the chicken and test the temperature) Some recommend adding a tablespoon of melted butter- it sure helps with flavor but not fat 😉
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with ranch seasoning and spread along the bottom of the casserole dish. Add the chicken mixture over the layer of cream cheese. Top with the mozzarella and blue cheese. Sometimes I do half and half to please those who don’t care for blue cheese.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Serve with whole wheat ritz crackers.
Instead of a dip, use won tons!
Not that this recipe needed changing, but I’ve tried several different versions. We all know how dips can get messy to eat when you’re dressed up and you don’t want to drip gooey cheese or hot sauce on your dress or nice shirt. So, I bought won ton wrappers for the first time. I used mini cupcake pans, put a won ton in each holder, brushed with melted butter, and baked in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until browned. Then remove from the oven, take the won tons out of the cupcake holders and place on a baking sheet.
Fill the won tons layering first the cream cheese mixture, then the buffalo chicken and top with mozzarella and blue cheese. Then place them back in the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve these tasty individual bite sized snacks hot! I do recommend trying this at home!! Delicious!
I’ve also stuffed them and closed them and served with ranch dressing (yum!):